El Yunque Rainforest Tour
- Adult 11 Years and Up
- Child 4-10 years
El Yunque Rainforest Tour
For nature lovers! Walkthrough the only rainforest under the U.S. Nation Forest Service. Our expert guides will tell you all about the wonders of the forest while you admire the spectacular views and connect with nature. This tour will please every family or group member, El Yunque National Rainforest is a landmark not to miss when you visit Puerto Rico.
*Please see our new COVID – 19 protocol. Vaccination proof or 48hr negative PCR test required for all guests 3yrs and up.
During the 4hrs tour, you will visit:
- La Coca Waterfall (picture stop)
- Yokahú Tower
- Angelito Trail or Puente Roto (depends on availability)
Transfer for the shared tour is only available for San Juan-Metro Area Hotels.
Please contact us if you are staying outside this area for private tour options. This means hotels in the areas of Dorado, Rio Grande, Fajardo, or any town other than San Juan or Carolina.
For Sr. Regis clients, please call the tour desk at the hotel directly for your reservation.
El Yunque National Rainforest is in the town of Luquillo.
- 45 min from the San Juan Metro Area
- 1hr from dorado
- 30 min from Rio Grande resorts
- Round trip transportation (Tour is designed with the transfer as it starts before we arrive at the forest. There is no option without transfer)
- Expert Tour Guide
- Entrance Fees
- Pick up will vary depending on your hotel (7:30 am – 8:30 am approximate)
- Tour starts at 9:30 am
- Tour duration is 4.5hrs approximately
- No children under 4 years
- No people with severe mobility issues (tour is not suited for handicapped people, we can customize a private experience driving subject to availability)
What are the maximum and minimum ages?
The minimum age is 4 years. Due to uneven terrain, unstable weather due to rain, and walking distances, this tour is not recommended for children under 4yrs. Please assess your child’s ability to walk long distances and be in a car for extended periods of time before signing up for this tour. There is no maximum age, please take into consideration no matter the age that this tour requires some physical effort. Private tours might be available upon request to accommodate groups with people with limited mobility.
What is the COVID Protocol for this tour?
- All clients 5yr.s and up must present their COVID vaccine proof or a PCR negative COVID test with no more than 48hrs from an accredited laboratory.
- Children 3-4 years old must present a negative PCR COVID test with no more than 48hrs from an accredited laboratory.
- Infants 0-2yrs do not need to present a test.
- The Vaccine Card can be presented in the form of a photo or accepted app.
- The vaccine card must be legible, and a photo ID will be required.
- No exceptions will be made.
- Cancellations with less than 48hrs due to failure of the client to comply with this protocol will result in a 100% charge.
- Mask wearing is mandatory on all tours. The Only exception will be those where people are in the water or eating.
What are the tour maximum and minimum capacities?
The minimum capacity for the tour to go out is 6ppl and until further notice due to Forest Service limitations, the maximum capacity is 12ppl.
What should I wear?
Comfortable clothing, suggest bathing suit under in case of rain. Must wear closed-toe shoes with good traction. Preferably hiking shoes or sneakers that are designed for all-terrain. Nobody can take the tour with sandals or flip-flops.
Will the tour go out if it rains?
Yes, unless the Forest Service determines that the rains are too copious and represent a danger for visitors, we will go out with rain. As it is Rain Forest, the probability of rain during the tour is high, be prepared for that.
Are there bathrooms in the forest?
Yes, but please note that there is considerable distance between them. We will make stops before and after the tour.